Even though it's the time of year to make resolutions, I do something different.
Instead, I create intentions for the year.
For the last 15 years, one of my intentions has been for radical self-care. Each January, I renew it.
This year, it looks like this:
1. Take one day off per week and spend some of my day off making art. For me, making art is one of the things I love to do that ALSO empties my mind.
2. Get a massage at least once per month. This one's a no-brainer ... total "me time."
3. Make more meals at home and invite friends over to share. Making home meals lets me have control over what I make and where the ingredients come from, and sharing meals is fun for me.
4. Show (rather than tell) the people I love that I love them. Make bold crazy statements ... however it feels right at the time.
5. Never resist the impulse to be generous. Giving can feel good.
6. Listen to my intuition, no matter what.
~~~~ * ~~~~ * ~~~~
Now tell me about your radical self-care.
Is there something you do that empties your mind? Have you wanted to get a massage, but told yourself that you can't afford it? What fills you back up that you haven't made time for?